The Speckled Hen Inn, a Madison bed and breakfast, is pleased to offer guests dog-friendly Wisconsin lodging. Well behaved dogs and their owners are welcome in the Madison Lakes room at The Speckled Hen Inn. A $35 pet fee will be added to the room charges for each guest dog.
We gladly welcome your well-behaved dogs and are in close proximity to Token Creek Dog Park, a great location to hike with your dogs. Guest dogs are allowed only in the Madison Lakes room. Please review the inn’s Pet Agreement listed below if you plan to bring your dog to the Inn with you. You will be asked to sign a copy upon arrival.
Speckled Hen Inn Pet Agreement
Our pet agreement is meant to ensure the comfort and safety of all guests and to protect people, dogs and property. Please review the following policies and be prepared to indicate your acceptance by signing a copy when you check-in.
- Advance reservations are required for all dogs. Guests checking in with dogs must arrive prior to 9:00 PM on the day of check-in.
- Guest dogs should be socialized with humans and other animals. Destructive, aggressive, or uncontrollably noisy dogs will not be tolerated at the Inn.
- All shots for your dog must be current.
- Your dogs must be on a flea prevention program.
- Dogs cannot be dropped off early (before check-in) or left after check-out.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times when not in your room. Our property has many ways for an unfamiliar pet to get in serious trouble. There is a large garden pond, a pasture full of sheep and llamas with an electric wire to keep predators out, and frequently muddy trails. Known predators on the property include owls, coyotes, raccoons, fox, and skunks.
- Guest dogs are not allowed in the indoor common spaces in the Inn.
- If left alone in your room, your dog must be in a secured kennel and must be quiet.
- You will be liable if your dog damages Inn property. Let us know if there are any mishaps. We’ll try repairs (and we are pretty good at them) before adding to your bill. There is a protective coverlet on your bed to protect the other bedding. To prevent scratching the acrylic tub, pets should never be placed in the tub.
- If one of those inevitable ‘accidents’ occurs, please clean up after your dog immediately or notify an innkeeper. Cleaning supplies are located under the sink of the wet bar.
- If your dog is dirty after an outing, please use the basket of towels found in the closet to clean and dry your pet before allowing your dog into the carpeted areas of the room. If you need more towels please contact the innkeepers. Please do not use our luxury white towels or any property of the inn to clean your dog. Any replacement costs will be added to your bill.
- Dog owners should pick up after their pets. Garbage cans are located in the storage room at the base of the stairs. Let an innkeeper know if you need waste bags. Please keep your dogs out of the pond, pool, gardens and pasture.