We gladly welcome your well-behaved pets and are in close proximity to Token Creek Dog Park, a great location to hike with your dogs. Guest pets are allowed only in the Madison Lakes room. Please review the inn’s Pet Agreement listed below if you plan to bring your pet to the Inn with you. A fee of $25 for each visiting pet will be added to your room charge to cover the additional cleaning costs associated with hosting your pet.
The Speckled Hen Inn, a Madison bed and breakfast, is pleased to offer guests pet-friendly Wisconsin lodging. Well behaved pets and their owners are welcome in the new Madison Lakes room at The Speckled Hen Inn.
Speckled Hen Inn Pet Agreement
Our pet agreement is meant to ensure the comfort and safety of all guests and to protect people, pets and property. Please review the following policies and be prepared to indicate your acceptance by signing a copy when you check-in.
- Advance reservations are required for all pets. Guests checking in with pets must arrive prior to 10:00 PM on the day of check-in.
- Guest pets should be socialized with humans and other animals. Destructive, aggressive, or uncontrollably noisy pets will not be tolerated at the Inn.
- All shots for your pet must be current.
- Your pet must be on a flea prevention program.
- Pets cannot be dropped off early (before check-in) or left after check-out.
- Pets must be leashed at all times when not in your room. Our property has many ways for an unfamiliar pet to get in serious trouble. There is a large garden pond, a pasture full of sheep and llamas with an electric wire to keep predators out, and frequently muddy trails. Known predators on the property include owls, coyotes, raccoons, fox, and skunks.
- Pets are not allowed in the indoor common spaces in the Inn.
- If left alone in your room, your pet must be in a secured kennel and must be quiet.
- You will be liable if you pet damages Inn property. Let us know if there are any mishaps. We’ll try repairs (and we are pretty good at them) before adding to your bill. There is a protective coverlet on your bed to protect the other bedding. To prevent scratching the acrylic tub, pets should never be placed in the tub.
- If one of those inevitable ‘accidents’ occurs, please clean up after your pet immediately or notify an innkeeper. Cleaning supplies are located under the sink of the wet bar.
- If your pet is dirty after an outing, please use the basket of towels found in the closet to clean and dry your pet before allowing your pet into the carpeted areas of the room. If you need more towels please contact the innkeepers. Please do not use the white bath towels on your pet.
- Dog owners should pick up after their pets. Garbage cans are located in the storage room at the base of the stairs. Let an innkeeper know if you need waste bags. Please keep your pets out of the pond, pool, gardens and pasture.