The policies for The Speckled Hen Inn a Madison Bed and Breakfast are listed below. Please do contact the innkeepers if you have any questions or concerns about the policies prior to making your reservations.
- Posted room rates do not include a 5.5% sales tax and a 3% room tax and are subject to change. Rates are for one or two persons in a room. An additional $25 per person, per night may be charged for additional guests in the room. Not all rooms will accommodate additional guests. A full breakfast is included in the room rate.
- For reservations at The Speckled Hen Inn, please call the toll free number, 877-670-4844 or use the on-line reservation booking service. A valid credit card number is required to hold a reservation. Visa, Master-Card, Discover, and American Express cards are accepted.
- Reservations canceled within 48 hours of arrival will be subject to a charge to that credit card for the total amount of the booking unless we are able to re-book the room. No-shows will be billed for their entire visit. Cancellation requests MUST be made in writing or by email and must be confirmed to the guest by The Speckled Hen Inn. A cancellation fee of $25 per room per night will be charged to the credit card on file for all cancellations.
- Reservations of multiple rooms for multiple days are subject to a non-refundable 50% deposit at the time of booking. Payment of the balance is due 30 days in advance of the first reserved day. If any of the rooms reserved are cancelled within 30 days of arrival, no refund will be given unless we are able to re-book the room(s).
- Check-in is between 3:00 and 7:00 p.m. and Check-out is 11:00 a.m. Self-check-in service is available for guests arriving after 7:00 PM.
- Only registered guests are permitted on the property between the hours of 10:00 PM and 7:00 AM.
- Well mannered children over the age of 12 are welcome as guests anytime when accompanied by an adult. Younger children are permitted only when the entire Inn is booked by their family group. Extra guests in the room will be billed at the rate of $25 per night.
- Smoking is not permitted inside the Inn or on the walking trails. There are porches and balconies where courteous smoking is allowed. Anyone caught smoking in the Inn will be expelled immediately from the Inn and charged for their full reservation plus the cost of having the room professionally cleaned.
- Candles, incense, and any other open flames are not allowed in the guest rooms at the Inn because of fire danger/insurance coverage requirements. Battery powered candles are available at the Inn upon request.
- We have one pet-friendly room at the Inn. The Madison Lakes room will accommodate guest pets subject to our pet policy. If you book one of our other guest rooms we must ask that you leave you pets at home but you are welcome to enjoy the menagerie at the Inn. Happy, our Golden Doodle is the official guest greeter and will gladly take you for a walk to see the llamas, sheep and chickens.
- Our business hours are 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.