Life got you a little stressed? Whether it’s a getaway weekend or a StayCation, The Speckled Hen Inn Bed and Breakfast may be just what you need! Close to the city, yet feels like it’s a million miles away, our country estate has 20 acres to meander, relax, and just be. Who can’t appreciate a white fenced serene pasture with sheep and llama grazing and frolicking or a myriad of wildlife making their appearances now and again. Combine that with a symphony of birds serenading as you enjoy a good book, a stroll around the grounds, or a nap in the hammock, it’s an amazing escape. The 5500 square foot inn provides plenty of space with a variety of leisure activity rooms to stretch out. And suites that offer private balconies, whirlpool tubs and fireplaces – not to mention the farm to table 3-4 course breakfast that is served each day. We strive to make it an experience you won’t soon forget – maybe that’s why we have so many loyal repeat guests. Come on, you know you deserve it, book a room now – all that’s missing is YOU!
Area Events for Foodies & Funsters
Did you know that Fitbit named Madison America’s Fittest City? If you’re into biking, canoeing, kayaking, walking, or hiking this is the place to do it!
- Biking in Madison
- Kayaking & Canoeing in Madison
- Best Hiking Near Madison
- Historical Walking Tours in Madison
- Dane County Farmer’s Market – A Saturday MUST! On the Capitol Square
- Olbrich Botanical Gardens
- University of Wisconsin-Madison Arboretum
- Wisconsin State Capital Tour
- Henry Vilas Zoo
- Memorial Union Terrace
- University of Wisconsin Madison
- UW Madison’s Babcock Hall Dairy Store – the best ice cream anywhere – try their Sunday of the Day!
- Madison Eats Food Tours
- Wisconsin Veteran’s Museum