Policies and Procedures
The policies for The Speckled Hen Inn a Madison Bed and Breakfast are listed below. Please contact the innkeepers if you have any questions or concerns about the policies prior to making your reservations.
- Posted room rates do not include a 5.5% sales tax and are subject to change. Posted room rates do not include a 5.5% sales tax and are subject to change. Rates are for one or two persons in a room. The only exception for a third person in a room is a child of the guest(s) which meets the age requirement and a charge of an additional $50 per night will apply. Not all rooms will accommodate a third guest and prior approval by the innkeeper will be required. Breakfast is included in the room rate.
- Full breakfast is served every day May 1 – Oct 31, and only Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays Nov 1 – Apr 30.
- For reservations at The Speckled Hen Inn, please phone (608) 244-9368 or use the on-line reservation booking service. A valid credit card number is required to hold a reservation. Visa, Master-Card, Discover, and Debit cards are accepted.
- Reservations canceled within 48 hours of arrival will be subject to a charge to your credit card for the total amount of the booking. No-shows will be billed for their entire visit.
- Cancellations for holidays are subject to a 100% fee if cancelled within 7 days of arrival date.
- Cancellation requests MUST be made in writing or by email and must be confirmed to the guest by The Speckled Hen Inn. A cancellation fee of 25% per room per night will be charged to the credit card on file for all cancellations.
- Reservations of multiple rooms for multiple days are subject to a non-refundable 50% deposit at the time of booking. Payment of the balance is due 30 days in advance of the first reserved day. If any of the rooms reserved are cancelled within 30 days of arrival, no refund will be given unless we are able to re-book the room(s).
- Check-in is between 3:00 and 6:00 p.m. and check-out is by 11am. Self-check-in service is available for guests arriving after 6:00 PM. Early check-ins are upon approval at a rate of $25/hour and check-outs after 11am will be charged $25/hour.
- Only registered guests are permitted on the property between the hours of 10:00 PM and 7:00 AM.
- Upgraded towels, linens and bathrobes are provided in our guestrooms for an enhanced stay for our guests. We provide darker make-up towels for guest use, as make-up and oils stain the white towels and decorative bed linens. For guests that choose to sleep on top of the sheets and utilize decorative pillows, blankets and comforters in place of the sheets we provide, an additional cleaning fee of $75 will be assessed. Any additional labor or unanticipated drycleaning costs, including replacement fees for unremovable stains, will be added to your final bill.
- The Speckled Hen Inn policy requires that the innkeepers meet all guests at some point during their stay. If a late check-in has been approved, there cannot be an early check-out and guests will be expected at breakfast. In the same manner, if a guest must leave prior to breakfast, the innkeepers will arrange for the check-out during your arrival greeting.
- Well mannered children over the age of 12 are welcome as guests when accompanied by an adult. Younger children are permitted only when the entire Inn is booked by their family group. A maximum of one additional guest (child) in the room will be billed at the rate of $50/per person per night.
- Smoking is not permitted inside the Inn or on the walking trails. There are porches and balconies where courteous smoking is allowed. Anyone caught smoking in the Inn will be expelled immediately from the Inn and charged for their full reservation plus the cost of having the room professionally cleaned.
- Candles, incense, and any other open flames are not allowed in the guest rooms at the Inn because of fire danger/insurance coverage requirements. Battery powered candles are available at the Inn upon request.
- Guests are not permitted to bring weapons on the property during their stay.
- The Speckled Hen Inn loves animals, but we ask that you leave your pets at home and enjoy the menagerie at the Inn.
- Our business hours are 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.