There are many events in Madison Wisconsin this February that you will just not want to miss.
- This coming weekend, February 6, is the big outdoor hockey event at Camp Randall stadium on the University of Wisconsin campus. Will it be the largest crowd ever to watch a college hockey game? The Badger women play at 2:00PM and the Hockey Badger men play at 6:00. You will have to go to see how they created a level ice hockey rink on a very crested football field.
- On February 11 Elizabeth Gilbert, author of Eat, Pray, Love will be speaking at the Overture Center. Her presentation is a part of the Wisconsin Book Festival.
- Get ready for spring at the Midwest Garden Expo at the Alliant Energy Center Exhibition Hall. Just catching the aroma of fresh dirt when you enter the building gets me in the mood to start planning and planting. The show is February 12-14. A great thing to add to your Valentine’s weekend celebration.
- On February 19-21 all of Madison will be having a grand old time at Madison Winter Festival. Enjoy all of Madison’s favorite winter activities and see how fast cross country skiers can move. It’s downtown on the beautiful Wisconsin Capitol Square.
- February 27 we will offer guests at The Speckled Hen Inn an extreme contrast in recommended activities. On Saturday afternoon head on over to Middleton to Capital Brewery for the celebration of the release of this year’s Blonde Doppelbock (that’s a beer, folks!). You can even try to catch a smoked chub (that’s a fish, folks) tossed from the roof of the brewery. Have a rowdy good time and then completely switch gears when nighttime comes and head for the UW Arboretum for their nightwalk. Hear the crunch of your boots in the snow and then stand perfectly still and listen for the great horned owls or just stargaze. Ahhh. What a day!