Welcome to the Speckled Hen Inn
A Madison, WI Bed & Breakfast
News from the Inn
- Check out our Last Minute Deals – 1 & 2 night stays
- Summer is here – check out our Blog and Area Events for Foodies & Funsters
- The Solar Eclipse is coming on August 21st
- Wisconsin State Cow Chip Throwing Festival September 1st & 2nd Labor Day Weekend
- Labor Day Weekend – Book 2 days save $$ – just enter LaborDay in discount code!
- Looking for a romantic getaway? Our suites have fireplaces and jetted tubs!
- Upgrades & Amenities coming soon! Check out our blog for more details!
- How about a friends getaway this summer? Check out the property photos.
- Attending the CrossFit Games? Only a few rooms left – Book Here!
- Looking for a Fall Retreat or attending a UW Madison Badger Game? Book early!
- Do you plan ahead to find the best deal? Check out next winter’s getaway special and book soon before it goes away!
- If you like saving money as much as we do, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram – we share upcoming specials and incentives with our fans first!
The Speckled Hen Inn is a 20 acre Country Estate Bed and Breakfast located at 5525 Portage Rd., just outside Wisconsin’s capitol city. The B&B is just 7.5 miles from the Capitol Square and the campus of the University of Wisconsin and near the Dane County airport and Madison College. This country inn is the perfect place for a romantic getaway, birthday and anniversary celebrations, reunions with family or friends, business travelers, or for Moms and Dads looking for University of Wisconsin lodging.
This Bed & Breakfast was named #20 Best B&B in the U.S. by TripAdvisor in 2017 and features 5 uniquely different Guest Rooms, each with a private bath and fireplace. Guests may enjoy the lounge, library and dining room as well as the large gathering room with a guest galley kitchen, theater room, game/puzzle table, computer, and piano. This Madison bed and breakfast is well known for their outstanding farm-to-table breakfasts that showcase it’s many vegetables and fruits grown on the property as well as other local farms, meats and Wisconsin dairy products including locally made cheeses.
The 20–acre property features pastures with sheep and llama, grassland and wetland areas, two creeks, spruce and pine plantations, orchards, walking trails and flower and vegetable gardens. You will also see a number of happy hens that produce the eggs featured at breakfast each day.
From our guests
Our Guests continue to love their stay and have written over 500 great reviews on TripAdvisor.
“Another amazing stay….” Margaret & Steve
“One word: AMAZING!” Steve & Katie
“A Wonderful Experience!!!!” Mildred & David
“The best bed and breakfast!” Doug & Madeline