Welcome to The Speckled Hen Inn
A Madison, WI Bed & Breakfast
News from the Inn
- If you’re booking last minute for Memorial Day Weekend, please call us for availability (608) 244-9368
- Check out our Last Minute Deals – 1 & 2 night stays
- Visit the Dane County Farmer’s Market and see our blog for insider tips!
- 4 hours of Summer Fun In Madison!
- Madison is a great place to visit – check out our Blog for day trips
- Want a romantic getaway? Our suites have fireplaces and whirlpool tubs!
- Attending the 2018 CrossFit Games this summer?
- Attending an EPIC Conference in 2018?
- Badger Den gets a make-over – no longer a UW Madison theme.
- Corporate Meeting Space & Retreats? Call us for details
- How about a friends getaway next year? Check out the property photos.
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram for the latest on what’s happening at The Hen.
The Speckled Hen Inn is a 20 acre Country Estate Bed and Breakfast located at 5525 Portage Rd., just outside Wisconsin’s capitol city. The B&B is just 7.5 miles from the Capitol Square and the campus of the University of Wisconsin and near the Dane County airport and Madison College. This country inn is the perfect place for a romantic getaway, birthday and anniversary celebrations, reunions with family or friends, business travelers, or for Moms and Dads looking for University of Wisconsin lodging.
This Bed & Breakfast was named #20 Best B&B in the U.S. by TripAdvisor in 2017, Best of Madison Winner in 2018, and recommended as a Must Stay in Midwest Living Travel Guide several years running! The Speckled Hen Inn features 5 uniquely different Guest Rooms, offering private baths with whirlpool jetted tubs, and fireplaces. Guests may enjoy the lounge, library and dining room as well as the large gathering room with a guest galley kitchen, theater room, game/puzzle table, computer, and piano. This Madison bed and breakfast is well known for their outstanding farm-to-table breakfasts that showcase it’s many vegetables and fruits grown on the property as well as other local farms, meats and Wisconsin dairy products including locally made cheeses.
The 20–acre property features pastures with sheep and llama, grassland and wetland areas, two creeks, spruce and pine plantations, orchards, walking trails and flower and vegetable gardens. There are many sitting areas, an outdoor picnic table, a temperature controlled gazebo, and a fire pit for our guests to enjoy. You will also see a number of happy Speckled Hens that produce the wonderful eggs featured at breakfast each day.
From our guests
Our Guests continue to love their stay and have written over 500 great reviews on TripAdvisor.
“Another amazing stay….” Margaret & Steve
“One word: AMAZING!” Steve & Katie
“A Wonderful Experience!!!!” Mildred & David
“The best bed and breakfast!” Doug & Madeline