Welcome to the Speckled Hen Inn
The Speckled Hen Inn a Madison Bed and Breakfast is located at 5525 Portage Rd. just outside Wisconsin’s capital city on 20 beautiful acres. The B&B is just 7.5 miles from the Capitol Square and the campus of the University of Wisconsin and near the Dane County airport and Madison College. This country inn is the perfect place for a romantic getaway, birthday and anniversary celebrations, reunions with family or friends, business travelers, or for Moms and Dads looking for University of Wisconsin lodging.
This acclaimed Wisconsin Bed and Breakfast features five comfortable guest rooms, each with a private bath. Guests may also enjoy the lounge, library and dining room as well as the large gathering room with a guest galley kitchen, theater room, game/puzzle table, computer, and piano. This Madison bed and breakfast is well known for their outstanding farm-to-table breakfasts that showcase local vegetables and fruits, meats and Wisconsin dairy products including locally made cheeses.
The 20–acre property features pastures with sheep, grassland and wetland areas, two creeks, spruce and pine plantations, orchards, walking trails and flower and vegetable gardens. Take a little stroll to the stable to visit the Inn’s flock of chickens.
The Speckled Hen Inn is a proud member of the Travel Green Wisconsin Certification program and is committed to sustaining not only the ecosystem of which it is a part, but also the culture, the economy, and the sense of place that people enjoy in this part of the Midwest.
We welcome your visit and look forward to sharing the bounty of our land, the beauty of the region, and the hospitality of our community.
Our Guests loved their stay and have written 450+ reviews on TripAdvisor. Book your next stay with us.
From our guests
“We absolutely enjoyed our stay at the Inn. They took care of our every need. The breakfast each morning was delicious. Everything about the Inn made us feel right at home. The accommodations were fantastic. The BEST B & B, we have ever stayed in.” – Bill & Arlene
“We were so impressed by the staff, rooms, grounds, food… Pretty much everything about our visit, we booked our next trip, before we even checked out. That speaks volumes to the great time had over the weekend. GREAT place to relax and enjoy life!!!!” – Frank & Patty
News from the Inn
Yes – We’re open during Christmas and New Year’s!
- Come and enjoy the magic of Christmas as we begin a new tradition here at The Speckled Hen Inn! For more information and our December promotion see our Blog
- Looking for a relaxing getaway AFTER Christmas? Check out our winter rates!
- The Badger Den is our newest suite, replacing the Rising Sun Room – go UW! Upgrades include a fireplace and 50 inch screen HD TV! Photos will be online shortly.
- We are hosting wine and cheese pairing events and our fall/winter series features several regional and sparkling wines from throughout the U.S. and the finest of Wisconsin cheeses. Events remaining on: December 7, 13, 20, 28. $25pp or complimentary with a 2+ night stay!
- To celebrate our harvest this fall, acorn squash hash, zucchini bruchetta, warm, spiced apples with cranberries & walnuts over vanilla yogurt, and fresh baked zucchini loaves and pumpkin muffins are being served.