When visiting Wisconsin, one of the main attractions, besides the beer, is definitely the cheese. And when you’re visiting Madison, here’s a day-trip route for The Great Wisconsin Cheese Hunt that will not only give you great insight into how cheese is uniquely made, but the scenic drive alone is relaxing and worth it.
- Fromagination – Located at 12 S Carroll St. Madison on Capital Square
- The MouseHouse Cheesehaus – Located at 4494 Lake Circle, Windsor (Madison)
- Edelweiss Cheese – Located at 529 1st St., New Glarus
- Maple Leaf Cheese Store – Located at W2616 State Rd 11 & 81, Ste C, Juda
- Decatur Dairy – Located at W16768 County Hwy F, Brodhead
- National Historic Cheesemaking Center – Located at 2108 6th Ave, Monroe
- Emmi Roth – Located at 1325 7th Ave., Monroe
- Chalet Cheese Co-Op – Located at N4858 County Hwy N., Monroe
- Baumgartner Cheese Store and Tavern – Located at 1023 16th Ave., Monroe
- Shullsburg Creamery – Located at 208 W Water St., Shullsburg
- Montchevre-Betin – Located at 336 S Penn St., Belmont (near Darlington)
- Brunkow Cheese – Located at 17975 County Hwy F, Darlington
- Hook’s Cheese – Located at 320 Commerce St., Mineral Point
- Arena Cheese – Located at 300 US Highway 14, Arena
And here’s a little more information from Travel Wisconsin about The Great Wisconsin Cheese Tour, which lists The Speckled Hen Inn as the place to stay when you’re in Madison!